Link Validator & YouTube

Jump to solution
ablankenbaker2
Community Member

Our team is verifying links in a large number of Canvas master sections, and as I have been running the link validator I am finding the same issue in various courses: courses that had a handful of "false positives" previously are now showing 20-40+ broken links or issues. In a vast majority of these circumstances the links are embedded YouTube videos or external links to YouTube. Has there been an update recently to the link validator that may have caused its "alerts" to be different? I have not been able to find anything about the link validator in the Release notes that would suggest this significant of a change.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ablankenbaker2 ...

That's quite interesting!  I, too, have not seen anything in the Release Notes or the Deploy Notes related to the link validator.  Have you reported this issue to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  If not, I would recommend that you do this...so that they can get a ticket logged and have their engineers investigate if anything needs to be fixed on their end.  You can submit a ticket by following the information in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?.  Please report back once you have a conversation with them to let us know what they tell you...thanks!

View solution in original post