cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Link to an object in another course

I have a page in one course that I want to LINK to my other courses (so if I edit it, all courses see the latest edits).  I DONT want to copy it.  Ditto with a file.  Or an Announcement.  Any object.  It doesn't seem like Canvas will allow this (yes, links within a course are allowable).

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

@corellie ...

Generally speaking, linking from one course to another is not recommended.  In most cases, students who are enrolled in one course are not also enrolled in the other course.  Or, only a handful of students might be enrolled in both courses...not all students.  If you link to content from course A to course B ... and students who are enrolled in course A are not enrolled in course B ... then those students would see an error message on their screen because they don't have access to that course.

I hope that will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.

0 Kudos
Surveyor

I want to link a page in my SANDBOX shell which has my Office Hours to my course shells.   I would not be linking course-to-course objects.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels