Linking a Studio Video in Assignment Feedback?

Jump to solution
kbennett
Community Novice

Hi Everyone,

To give "video feedback" on essays, I've been using an outside program to record video of my screen while I talk through a student's paper in the SpeedGrader window, then link that video (via a Google Drive link) in the feedback comments.

Given Canvas' Studio feature, I would love to be able capture my screen while I talk through the student's paper, then link that Studio video in the assignment feedback. However, I only have the option of linking a local file from my computer, or creating a webcam file. Is there any way to link to Studio videos in an assignment's feedback? 

Thanks!  

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kbennett ...

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to select a video from your Studio library and attach it as feedback for a student via the SpeedGrader.  You might want to consider posting this as a Feature Idea (being sure to search the Community first for existing, similar Feature Ideas to prevent duplication) so that people might be able to vote on it and provide their feedback.

I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Thanks Kurt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes