cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcobbey
Surveyor

List of Badges with Badgr?

Jump to solution

I'd like to know if there's a built-in (automated) way to list all badges that students can earn in a Canvas course in one place using Badgr (as there was with Canvabadges). I see that you can enable a leader board on the "Badges" tab, but that looks like it will only display the badges as students earn them.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
notto
Surveyor

Great question. Yes. In Badgr for Canvas, the main view and the leaderboard both show students all the badges associated with modules in the course. Just click the Badges tab when signed into the course as a student. You'll see the list of badges available. 

Right in advance of InstructureCon we launched a feature that will show other badges from the same issuer that the instructor is also tracking alongside the module badges. These could be awarded manually, from different Canvas courses or via other automated systems such as completion badges in Badgr Pathways. In the next release, students will be able to see these badges as well.

Speaking of Badgr Pathways, we've just launched a new option to install a pathway into a Canvas course or account as an LTI app, giving students a instant view of how badges they've earned fit with others chosen by the institution or instructor that fit together on a competency framework or other learning progression.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, lcobbey Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question here.  I'm not too sure of an answer for you, but I am going to tag  @notto to see if he might be able to chime in and provide some feedback.  Good luck!

notto
Surveyor

Great question. Yes. In Badgr for Canvas, the main view and the leaderboard both show students all the badges associated with modules in the course. Just click the Badges tab when signed into the course as a student. You'll see the list of badges available. 

Right in advance of InstructureCon we launched a feature that will show other badges from the same issuer that the instructor is also tracking alongside the module badges. These could be awarded manually, from different Canvas courses or via other automated systems such as completion badges in Badgr Pathways. In the next release, students will be able to see these badges as well.

Speaking of Badgr Pathways, we've just launched a new option to install a pathway into a Canvas course or account as an LTI app, giving students a instant view of how badges they've earned fit with others chosen by the institution or instructor that fit together on a competency framework or other learning progression.

View solution in original post

I love the main view and how students can see ALL badges that are available (earned and/or not).

I have a related question but slightly different I was hoping you could help:  It seems that you can only associate one badge per module and it is based on completion (see screen shot). Is there anyway around this feature? Can I award multiple badges within a module using another technique? I would be willing to award badges manually that are not based on "completion" of a module if this helps.  

The reason I ask is I would like to have levels of badges. For example: A student scores 80% on a quiz and achieves level 1, scores 90% on the quiz and achieves level 2, and scoring 100% achieves master-level. OR, instead of multiple levels I would like to award badges for different assignments within the same module. 

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

screen shot

khammond
Learner II

We've created an idea to enhance the way badges can be visible to others within Canvas. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11863-badges-on-canvas-profiles 

Please upvote!

Any updates on when Badgr will make it possible to award more than one badge per module?