Highlighted
Community Member

Live Sessions with students

Hello Everyone, I have a question. I am preparing to start teaching my classes on February 1, 2019, and I wanted to know how do you all talk to the students? Do you all have like a free conference call they dial into while looking at your screen? Please advise, Thanks. 

2 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Hello aprilcallahan2017@gmail.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.

Some people use "Conferences" in their Canvas courses...which utilizes the BigBlueButton interface.  There are several Guides you can look through to learn more about the interface.  Also, ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com‌ can tell you a lot more about BBB and the options available for keeping recordings longer than 14 days (if that is of interest to you).  Check out this tutorial video, too: .

Some schools have purchased Zoom licenses.  Zoom integrates nicely with Canvas, and so instructors can schedule online video conferences in their classes that students can attend.

These are two options I can currently think of that probably work the best...but there may be other options out there that people are using, too.

I hope this helps, April.

Highlighted
Community Member

This is Awesome news! Thank you so much!