cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanfareed
Community Member

Lock quizzes and Syllabus in Blueprint associated courses

Hi,

1. I have quizzes in my Blueprint course which I have locked (screenshots 1 and 2). But they are still editable in the associated course (screenshot 3). How do I locked the quiz so that it cannot be edited at all.
  2. How do I lock Syllabus content?

Thank you.

Screenshot 1

268821_lock1.png

Screenshot 2

268850_lock2.png

Screenshot 3

268851_lock3.png

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, wanfareed...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here in the Community unanswered since you first posted it on February 22, 2018.  It seems that you may have stumped members of the Community with your question.  While I'm not sure that I have an answer for you either, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've been able to find any workable solutions on your end since you first posted this question about four months ago  If so, would you be willing to share that solution with us back here in the Community?  Or, if you are still looking for some assistance with this question, please let us know that as well so that someone might be able to help you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to find a solution for you...but more because we've not heard back from you for almost four months, and there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since then.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Wan.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

jcyoung7
Learner II

I just saw this and would like to let you know that this is still an unresolved issue with no current workaround. There are several settings on quizzes, assignments, and discussions that can be modified even when they are "locked" - including the option to make assignments not count toward the final grade, to make discussions not graded, and to change quizzes from graded quiz to practice quiz. 

The inability to lock syllabus content means that individual instructors can completely re-write the syllabus as they like changing requirements, grading scales, etc. 

Is there a vote open that addresses either of these issues?

Thanks!

I am trying to access this help link but keep getting an error that I do not have enough permissions to view it. One of my professors would really benefit from reading this.  Any idea how I can view this help link?

Thank you!

Heather Monti

heather.monti@gordon.edu

I am also getting a message that I cannot read the link you listed.

The message is "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."