cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Lockdown Browser with Google

Can I use lockdown browser for students to take a Google Quiz in Google Forms? Thanks!

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello slprickel@batesville.k12.in.us Welcome to the Canvas Community, and thank you for posting your question.  I'm not completely sure of an answer for you, but I think the answer may be "no".  It's been a while since I've worked with the Respondus Lockdown Browser Interface (and I'm an admin for our Canvas instance, so I don't teach courses), but if I recall correctly, the Lockdown Browser interface works in conjunction with Canvas Quizzes.  Once you have a Canvas Quiz set up in your course, then you go to the Lockdown Browser screen to associate that quiz with the Lockdown Browser settings.  Students ultimately have to use the Lockdown Browser (not Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to answer questions.  I believe this would also lock them out of accessing other websites that aren't inside Canvas...though, again, I'm not 100% sure on this...and I would defer to someone in the Community who has more experience with this than I do.  This is what I recall from memory, however.  I hope this is of some help to you, Stephanie.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi slprickel@batesville.k12.in.us

Unfortunately the answer is "no". Respondus Lockdown Browser is designed to work with quizzes created using the native assessment tool of an LMS.

Kelley

Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings slprickel@batesville.k12.in.us...

I've been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I noticed that we haven't heard from you since you first posted this question here in the Community.  I was curious to know if you have had a chance to review the feedback that you've received from me and kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu.  Did either of our responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with this question?  If you feel that one of our above responses has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark that response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know that as well by posting a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about four months.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Stephanie.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.