cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr212762
Community Member

Jump to solution

My sister's account stuff is always there.  I can not get in to my canvas page.  How do I log her out and log myself in?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mr212762 ...

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with logging in/out of Canvas.  Here are a couple student Guides that should be of help to you:

How do I log out of Canvas as a student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10558-4212710329 

Another option would be to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk if you are still unable to log out of your sister's account.  Inside of Canvas, you can click on the "Help" icon on the left side of the screen, and there should be some options to contact the help desk....such as "Report a Problem".

Hope this helps, Morgen!

View solution in original post

dhulsey
Adventurer II

Hey,  @mr212762 ‌. If it were me, I would install a second browser. If you sister uses Firefox, install Chrome. If you each use a different browser, you won't have to worry about logging in and out all of the time. Although, yes, there is a bit of a security risk to that, so, if you are using a Windows machine, you might want to set up different user accounts on the computer for you and your sister. 

Community Member

Remove cookies from your browser. I have a feeling, that you have already solved your problem, but to people who have not, this is the solution. Delete every cookie related to canvas, and everything should work afterwards. Worked for me. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mr212762 ...

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with logging in/out of Canvas.  Here are a couple student Guides that should be of help to you:

How do I log out of Canvas as a student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10558-4212710329 

Another option would be to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk if you are still unable to log out of your sister's account.  Inside of Canvas, you can click on the "Help" icon on the left side of the screen, and there should be some options to contact the help desk....such as "Report a Problem".

Hope this helps, Morgen!

dhulsey
Adventurer II

Hey,  @mr212762 ‌. If it were me, I would install a second browser. If you sister uses Firefox, install Chrome. If you each use a different browser, you won't have to worry about logging in and out all of the time. Although, yes, there is a bit of a security risk to that, so, if you are using a Windows machine, you might want to set up different user accounts on the computer for you and your sister. 

Community Member

Remove cookies from your browser. I have a feeling, that you have already solved your problem, but to people who have not, this is the solution. Delete every cookie related to canvas, and everything should work afterwards. Worked for me. 

0 Kudos