cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Looking for a solution to present blending learning courses in Catalog. Any ideas?

The organisation I work for is nearing the launch of our online courses and events-based training on the Canvas Catalog.

One of the issues we have is how best to present our blending learning courses in Catalog. More specifically, how to set up a one-off enrolment into a course that provides access to pre-reading materials two weeks prior to a training event, the actual face-to-face training event followed by access to additional materials after the event.

One solution that has been recommended is to have a Catalog program listing with separate courses for the pre-reading, the actual event and access to complementary materials after the event. Another solution mentioned is the use of prerequisites and requirements within Canvas.

I am sure we are not the first organisation in the Canvas Community to have similar requirements with its online course offerings. With that in mind, I am keen to hear about your experiences and how you have used the capabilities in Catalog and Canvas to develop an effective solution.

Cheers

Greg

3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Hi,

My recommendation would be to set up modules in Canvas for Pre-reading, content, quizzes. Have the course have no end date for people to return to it later on for review/additional documentation. Also, if you want to have the course have required modules: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13134-415261967 and set up a certificate in the listing so they can have a certificate of completion.

I hope this helps.

Jessica

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Great. Thanks for this Jessica. I will put it into the mix of possible ways forward on this with my boss.

Cheers

Greg 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Great!

0 Kudos