cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Lose threading after editing a response

When I post a reply to a message, my response is displayed one indentation below the parent message once I post the message. But if I return to edit the message and hit the done button, the response is no longer displayed one indentation below the parent message. Instead the left edge of the response is displayed all the way to the left edge of the forum. Will there be a fix to this problem coming soon?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ajeong@fsu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community website.  My first question to ask would be...have you reported this to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk?  This sounds like a bug that maybe should be reported so that they can investigate further.  You can find the Help Desk contact information via your "Help" menu on the left hand side of your Canvas environment.  If you use the "Report a Problem" option, be sure that you are first on the screen in Canvas where you are experiencing the issue...as reporting the ticket in this way sends some additional metadata to the technicians so that they might be able to help you.

Also, I will point you to a blog post by ephraimross@achs.edu called Improve Threaded Discussions with CSS.  This is something you may want to share with the Canvas admins at your school.  They could add some custom CSS to their global CSS file so that indentation of threaded discussions looks a little more organized.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Allan!