cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Lost Test

Jump to solution

My classes took a test before the holidays.  I went to Quiz Statistics and downloaded their results.  I cannot find the test now.  I have looked in 'grades' and there is nothing there.   Where could the test have gone?  All other tests are still available.  I have typed "undelete" in the URL and there were lots of old tests I had deleted but NOT the one I need.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Using this information I would recommend contacting Canvas Support (Help —> Report a Problem) to see if they can help get it out back into your course. You should be able to show them the quiz in beta (URL) and then ask if it can be restored in your live environment. I would do this sooner rather than later because Beta will be getting reset soon. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

brian.gabert@kent.k12.wa.us, this sounds pretty frustrating and like you've tried all the normal channels of finding the quiz. My suggestions (in order) are:

1. Double-check and make sure you are in the correct course. I know this sounds silly, but I've had a couple of faculty with a number of similar/same courses mistakenly look for something in the wrong course.
  2. In the course click on Quizzes (left hand side of the page) and check to see if the quiz shows up there.
  3. Check the Canvas Beta Environment to see if the quiz is showing up - How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?  - this would show up what your course looked like as of Sunday.
  4. Check the Canvas Test Environment to see if the quiz is showing up - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13011-4152719755 - this would show what your course looked like as of December 9th.
  5. If your quiz still isn't showing up I would contact Canvas Support with as much information about the quiz as you have and see if they can help find it. To do this go to your course and click on the Help link and "Report a Problem."

I hope this helps and I hope you are able to find your quiz!

Thank you Kona.  I found the test in Beta.  My next problem is getting the test back into my course.  I exported the file (from Beta), but the test results of my students did not follow. So, results are in Beta;  the test is in my current course (but no results).  Thanks again for your help!!

Using this information I would recommend contacting Canvas Support (Help —> Report a Problem) to see if they can help get it out back into your course. You should be able to show them the quiz in beta (URL) and then ask if it can be restored in your live environment. I would do this sooner rather than later because Beta will be getting reset soon. 

View solution in original post