Lost scores

Jump to solution
michael_park
Community Novice

Is there a way I can retrieve scores from an assignment if I loaded another past class on top of the current class?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @michael_park  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Ugh; that's a horrible feeling when that happens, and part of the possible solutions outlined below depend on your definition of "loading" another class on top of a past class.  If you did a complete wipe using the Reset Course Content button and then a course import, it will be time to get Canvas' Support on the case via Help>>Report a Problem.  But before you do that--and in case you did not do a course reset--here are couple of things to try:

• There IS an undelete ability in Canvas.  If you see the assignment listed after following the instructions outlined on this blog post (basically it involves heading to your course HOME page, and then simply adding /undelete at the end of the URL that you see in your browser), that will not only retrieve the deleted assignment but also all the student grades.
  • There is also the possibility of viewing the grade history for assignments, though again this depends on how you dealt with the earlier course.  How do I view the history of all grading changes in the Gradebook?  covers it in the legacy/current gradebook; How do I view the history of all grading changes in the New Gradebook? in the New Gradebook.
  • Depending on when you did this, it is possible the older assignment--and its grades--are on either your institution's Beta server (refreshed every weekend) or Test server (refreshed monthly).  Both of these tricks have come to some instructor's rescue at my own institution; again, depending on the timing of things.

If none of the above work, it is indeed time to contact Canvas support.

I hope this helps a bit, Michael.  Good luck with things!

View solution in original post

0 Likes