Highlighted
Community Member

Making things visible to students

Jump to solution

How do I make the annoucements and assignments visible to students?

They both have the crossed out eye next to them right now...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

Hello there, vgolden@bluevalleyk12.org Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It sounds like you are seeing the crossed-out eye icon next to the "Announcements" and "Assignments" buttons on your left-hand course navigation.  This is easy to fix...just follow the instructions outlined in this Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks Valerie!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Hello there, vgolden@bluevalleyk12.org Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It sounds like you are seeing the crossed-out eye icon next to the "Announcements" and "Assignments" buttons on your left-hand course navigation.  This is easy to fix...just follow the instructions outlined in this Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks Valerie!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Lamplighter

vgolden@bluevalleyk12.org, Chris's information is spot on. I'd only add that if you have followed those instructions and are still seeing the crossed-out eye, it most likely signifies that there is not yet any content in those areas. As soon as you add an announcement, that link will be visible to students.