cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Mark assignment at "Missing/Incomplete/Excused" in Speedgrader?

Jump to solution

Is there a way, in SpeedGrader, to mark an assignment missing? It's rather clunky to go back into Gradebook and mark each individual missing assignment as missing. Would be much faster to do it in Speedgrader.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @MrsStrubhar 

You cannot add Missing labels from Speedgrader, but it is hardly necessary. Unless your school has modified Canvas, the Gradebook will always display the colors that designate an assignment as .............

• Blue [1]: Late submission
  • Red [2]: Missing submission
  • Green [3]: Resubmitted assignment
  • Orange [4]: Dropped grade
  • Yellow [5]: Excused assignment

The "Missing" designation depends on the assignment having a due date that has passed. You can learn more at How do I use the icons and colors in the Gradebook?

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @MrsStrubhar 

You cannot add Missing labels from Speedgrader, but it is hardly necessary. Unless your school has modified Canvas, the Gradebook will always display the colors that designate an assignment as .............

• Blue [1]: Late submission
  • Red [2]: Missing submission
  • Green [3]: Resubmitted assignment
  • Orange [4]: Dropped grade
  • Yellow [5]: Excused assignment

The "Missing" designation depends on the assignment having a due date that has passed. You can learn more at How do I use the icons and colors in the Gradebook?

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Does Canvas mark it as missing after the due date if the assignment is submitted through an external tool, like GoFormative? Mine is not doing that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@aconstantinescu 

You are correct that when using a 3rd party tool, Gradebook does not mark it as missing automatically. This feature would be incredibly helpful if we could have a mass marking of missing assignments!

0 Kudos