Highlighted
Community Member

Mark read files

Jump to solution

Hi! Teachers load the coarses with millions of documents, and it is impossible to remember which files have been opened/read/handled. Isn't there a marking for this, somehow?

Best regards, Johan Öhrmalm, SLU, Sweden

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi jnoh0002@stud.slu.se Welcome to the Canvas Community.  That's a very interesting idea...and unfortunately (to answer your question) there is NOT a way to do that, short of taking note oneself of which ones have been read.  I thought there might be a Feature Idea out there related to this, and sure enough there is, though it could definitely use a bit of love.  Feel free to comment and vote it up, as it sounds exactly what you're looking for:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13681-student-view-visual-indicator-for-new-filescontent-yet-t... .

It must be said there are ways this could be done (somewhat) by the instructor from a designing viewpoint, such as having links to files within modules that must be marked (by the student) as completed, but for the many courses that do not do that, there is really no other way that I can think of.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi jnoh0002@stud.slu.se Welcome to the Canvas Community.  That's a very interesting idea...and unfortunately (to answer your question) there is NOT a way to do that, short of taking note oneself of which ones have been read.  I thought there might be a Feature Idea out there related to this, and sure enough there is, though it could definitely use a bit of love.  Feel free to comment and vote it up, as it sounds exactly what you're looking for:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13681-student-view-visual-indicator-for-new-filescontent-yet-t... .

It must be said there are ways this could be done (somewhat) by the instructor from a designing viewpoint, such as having links to files within modules that must be marked (by the student) as completed, but for the many courses that do not do that, there is really no other way that I can think of.

View solution in original post

Labels