Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shus803
Community Member

Marking Announcements as "Read"

Jump to solution

Updated

Original Subject Line: Is it possible to mark all announcements as read?

Is it possible to mark all announcements as read, rather than having to click on each one?

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @shus803 ​...

I checked this in my own sandbox course, and unfortunately, I didn't find any way in the current User Interface to mark one or more announcements as "read" all on one screen.  I had to click on each individual announcement to make them "read".  I also searched for Feature Ideas here in the Canvas Community, and I didn't really find anything similar to what you were asking, so I would recommend that, if this is important to you, you create a Feature Idea submission so that it can be voted on by people here in the Canvas Community.  You can create a new idea here: Canvas Feature Ideas, and you'll want to review How do I create a new feature idea?, too.

As a side note, I noticed that your subject line is very similar to what you are asking in the body of your message.  I am going to go ahead and modify your subject line slightly an also tag your message with keywords.  Doing both of these things will make your topic easier for people to search for here in the Community should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you're asking in the body of your message, just let me know, and we can make any necessary changes.  I hope this is okay with you, Samuel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @shus803 ​...

I checked this in my own sandbox course, and unfortunately, I didn't find any way in the current User Interface to mark one or more announcements as "read" all on one screen.  I had to click on each individual announcement to make them "read".  I also searched for Feature Ideas here in the Canvas Community, and I didn't really find anything similar to what you were asking, so I would recommend that, if this is important to you, you create a Feature Idea submission so that it can be voted on by people here in the Canvas Community.  You can create a new idea here: Canvas Feature Ideas, and you'll want to review How do I create a new feature idea?, too.

As a side note, I noticed that your subject line is very similar to what you are asking in the body of your message.  I am going to go ahead and modify your subject line slightly an also tag your message with keywords.  Doing both of these things will make your topic easier for people to search for here in the Community should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you're asking in the body of your message, just let me know, and we can make any necessary changes.  I hope this is okay with you, Samuel.

View solution in original post

I would very much like this feature also, so I can select say, 10 announcements and mark them as read, rather than having to enter each one individually.

Sea_Turtle12
Surveyor

It would be helpful to have a clear announcements button on the dashboard because I have like 5 announcements on each page. I know it would help me and probably lots of other people too! Please consider this Idea! Thank you!!!