cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdavick
Community Member

Mastery Paths Will NOT UNLOCK

Jump to solution

We are having trouble with mastery paths. 

Recently when the students submit a quiz that is automatically graded the mastery paths continues to say Mastery Paths Locked until quiz is graded. The assignments that should be assigned by mastery paths are NOT assigned to the students.

We can not figure out why this is happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has this ever been a problem for you?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mskaggs
Surveyor

Thank you all for joining the discussion. After spending more time practicing and researching with Mastery Paths I think I know the origin of my issue. Instead of clicking the :smileyplus: button and adding more content to the paths, I linked 2 different paths together. For example, my middle group was assigned a quiz that had its own path. This middle group was the only group of students that Canvas would not allow to continue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
mskaggs
Surveyor

I tried out Mastery Paths last year and it worked without too many hiccups. This year, my students continued to see the issue described above. I had to go to each assignment and manually assign the students. I've seen other comments on different Q&A's having the same problem. It must be an issue only the developers can fix.

sdavick
Community Member

We finally have a ticket and are in communication with Canvas Support about this issue. We have not found a solution yet.

laura_schmidli
Surveyor

I've also been scouring the Community with this same problem. Mastery Paths for my instance stopped working completely (same as you describe) sometime last week. The most specific possible problem & solution I've found are here, from @Bruce: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/32970-mastery-paths-dont-process#comment-142309  

We finally have a ticket and are in communication with Canvas Support about this issue. We have not found a solution yet.

jhoskins4
Surveyor II

Has ANYONE heard from Canvas for an estimated time on when this is going to be fixed? 

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there. Has anyone had this issue resolved?

It looks like people submitted tickets. I am hoping an answer was found.

If so, how did you get on?

So far, no word. And Canvas tech support closed the ticket without any comments and rep still hasn't replied. 

Thanks for letting us know  @jhoskins4 . I will see what I can do to get more help. 

Sorry to hear that,  @jhoskins4 ‌! Please provide the case number for the support interaction so we can investigate further.