cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sh2021
Surveyor

Maximum storage allowance

Hi there,

I am using the platform for free and wondered how many videos I could upload as I create our modules? We are quite video heavy and wanted to make sure this was the right platform for me. We have about 51 GB of video and around 550 videos, each 1-3 mins long. Please could you advise? Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @sh2021 ...

I don't believe you'd be able to store multiple GB of videos within your course...at least not in the course "Files" area.  Have you considered uploading the videos to a site like YouTube and making them "unlisted" (meaning, anyone with the link could watch your videos)?  You could still embed the videos in your course, but they would reside on YouTube's server.  Or, do you know if your school has a streaming media server?  If so, you might be able to ask your IT folks at your school if you could have those videos loaded to that server, and you could link to the videos in your course.

Do you think either of these options might work for your needs?  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.  Take care...be well.