cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aski_1
Community Member

Media Assignments

Jump to solution

I created an assignment that asked students to record themselves (either video or just audio) reading a text out loud (this is a course on pronunciation of Italian). When I select 'speed grading' only one of the four videos uploaded so far appears. If I press 'download', I get the compressed files but when I click on them they do not open. The message tells me I am at the incorrect website or I need to refresh the page (which does not work). Are there any special instructions for students to upload the media assignments?

Thanks,

Janice Aski

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aski_1 ​...

Without being able to see exactly what your students are doing to upload the media attachment to your assignment, it will be difficult to determine what is exactly going on.  However, to answer your question...yes, there is a Canvas Guide for students that goes through this very thing: How do I add media to my assignment submission?

If this helps answer your question, you can mark this response as "Correct"...or if you still have questions, please come back here to post.  Thanks Janice!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aski_1 ​...

Without being able to see exactly what your students are doing to upload the media attachment to your assignment, it will be difficult to determine what is exactly going on.  However, to answer your question...yes, there is a Canvas Guide for students that goes through this very thing: How do I add media to my assignment submission?

If this helps answer your question, you can mark this response as "Correct"...or if you still have questions, please come back here to post.  Thanks Janice!

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aski_1 ​...

I wanted to check in with you again since there hasn't been any reply since late August.  Did any or all of my reply help to answer your question(s)?  Please come back to this thread to post an update.  Thanks Janice!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @aski_1 ​, since we haven't heard from you in a while, we're going to designate  @chofer ​'s response as "Correct." If you still need assistance with this issue, the discussion remains open for participation, so please post an update if you still need help. Thanks!