cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skirgan
Community Member

Media Uploads Not Loading

Jump to solution

I'm having students reply to an assignment with video uploads. When I click on the video uploads, Canvas shows me a message that says "Media is currently being converted, please try again in a little bit."

There is no loading or converting bar, so what does this mean? How long should I wait and try again? Could it be the browser (I am using Chrome)? Is there any other way to see their video?

I have 2 students who have submitted, so far, but I should have 60 by Friday and I need to respond to them with feedback as soon as possible. I can't continue my work with them until I can watch these videos.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garciah
Community Member

Update: I contacted support and they were able to retrieve the videos, but unfortunately, the videos don't have audio, so we'll have to try again. The quick response and support was great, but I hope that they're able to get to the bottom of this issue soon, so that we don't encounter it again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
garciah
Community Member

Hi Shanna,

I'm having the same issue this morning with videos created using the Canvas RCE. Unfortunately, I don't have much advice for you--just commiseration--but here's a thread that may prove useful: Difficulties Uploading MP4 Videos

Good luck!

garciah
Community Member

Update: I contacted support and they were able to retrieve the videos, but unfortunately, the videos don't have audio, so we'll have to try again. The quick response and support was great, but I hope that they're able to get to the bottom of this issue soon, so that we don't encounter it again.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

skirgan &  @garciah , if you're having these types of problems definitely submit a ticket to Canvas Support. Canvas Support needs to be able to document things like this to make sure it gets fixed if it's an issue with Canvas. To submit a ticket click the Help link (top right) in Canvas and "Report a Problem."

It is now 2021 and I encountered this problem again.

What made it worse in my case are

1) I am not trying to upload a media file. I couldn't open or download a student submission to mark it; 

2) I reported the problem and got a reply through email that "Canvas Support has seen such a large increase in volume that we are no longer able to provide support for all Free For Teacher help requests." https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor/Media-is-currently-being-converted-please-try-again-in...

What do I do now?