cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfuller2
Surveyor

Media Video Upload where are the files stored?

Is it possible for students to see all of the video submissions they have done via media upload? I have a student who would like to access or download some of the submissions he did in a concluded class. I can't see on my end anywhere to download them, but maybe there is something on his side?

4 Replies
Community Member

Welcome, Matt.  I have looked at my concluded courses, and I can't find any of my student submissions.  Your student may need to find the file he originally used to upload the videos into Canvas.  Best of luck!  

Maybe someone else will have better news!

James
Navigator

I am going to start this with a preface that I have no personal experience, I'm just relaying things I've seen in the Community or encountered in other areas.

This was a couple of years ago, but it may still be valid. I don't have students submit any videos to confirm this. This is also from the teacher side: Is it possible to download a media submission? If that doesn't work for the student, you may be able to download it for him and then get it to him.

Canvas makes student submitted work available to them and they can go to Account > Files and find them. I think videos are a different matter because of the size, but it may depend on how they were uploaded. You might have the student check there just in case. I say this because some of our teachers have students upload media submissions and there was an issue with their quota going over -- even though it was part of a submission, it still got uploaded to the files section for the user.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there  @mfuller2 ...

I'm reviewing older questions that have been posted in the Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on March 12, 2019.  It looks like you received some feedback from  @9927744  and  @James  later that day.  Have you had an opportunity to review their feedback?  Did either of their responses help to answer your question?  If so, please go ahead and click on the "Mark Correct" button next to one of their replies.  But, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know that as well by posting a message below so that someone might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and also because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for over six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Matt.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

mkollman
Explorer

I haven't been able to find where Canvas stores submitted media or how to download it as well.  It appears to be a Flash file or type of streaming media, which leads me to believe it may not be accessible as a single file for archiving or download.  I appreciate any other insight into this, as it is coming up as a question with our language courses.  Thanks!