Media has been queued for conversion?

Jump to solution
glenn
Community Explorer

Hi all,

I uploaded a 5MB MP4 to a module in my course. When I click on the corresponding link, I'm told "Media has been queued for conversion, please try again in a little bit." This has been queued for 10+ minutes now.

I've searched, but I can't find any information on how long I should expect a conversion to take, and what my MP4 is being converted into. Anyone care to help me out?

Thanks!

Glenn

1 Solution
emihunt
Community Contributor

Hi Glenn --

I'm noticing that if I embed a video using the Rich Content Editor (this method: How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor? ) my video will play, but if I insert it from Files (this method: How do I insert course files into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector? ) I see the same "Media has been queued for conversion, please try again in a little bit." message you are. I used an .mp4 and a .wmv file so it doesn't appear to just be an mp4 problem.

I called Canvas Support about the behavior and they reported that this is a bug they're working out right now. Fortunately the workaround is reasonable - inserting the video using the RCE instead - so you might try that out in the meantime.

View solution in original post