Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmasoud
Community Member

Messages not delivering

Jump to solution

Hi,

Some of my messages to students are not being delivered. I click send and I find out later that students haven't received the message and there is no trace of it in my sent items. This is also occurring on some student's end.

I've noticed that the "lost" messages may have included large attachments. I wounder if this has contributed to the problem.

Can anyone assist with this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@fmasoud , this is exceedingly strange. For a problem like this, your best course of action is to open a support case. Click on the Help link--ideally, you should do so directly from the Canvas Inbox page as your request will capture metadata that will help Support investigate the matter--and use the Report a Problem link to send a ticket to Canvas Support.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@fmasoud , this is exceedingly strange. For a problem like this, your best course of action is to open a support case. Click on the Help link--ideally, you should do so directly from the Canvas Inbox page as your request will capture metadata that will help Support investigate the matter--and use the Report a Problem link to send a ticket to Canvas Support.

View solution in original post

fmasoud
Community Member

Thanks Stefanie,

I will start a case with support. It really is strange.

Fady

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @fmasoud ​...

I totally agree with stefaniesanders​ on this one.  A question I have is...are they not receiving your messages inside of Canvas?  Or, are they possibly not receiving a copy of messages you've sent to their own e-mail account (depending on if they have chosen to receive a copy to their e-mail account as well)?  I've run into an issue recently with a couple of our instructors where the default e-mail address connected to their Canvas profile (via the "Settings" screen at the top right corner of the screen) was showing a yellow triangle icon with a "!" in it.  As an admin, I had to contact Instructure tech support and ask them to remove the "!" because the e-mail address was in fact valid.  If your students are not receiving e-mail copies of your messages, you might want to check with them about this setting.

Hope this helps!

fmasoud
Community Member

Chris,

Yes it is within canvas system. I'm not sure about the link to their email. What I do know is that some messages were received and some were not received for the same student. I will check on the "!" setting to see if there are any problems there.

Thank you,

Fady

lse224
Community Member

One of our students just submitted a ticket on this issue. Her classmates sent her messages in Canvas with large attachments and they disappeared. Chat support told her to resend, but if this is a recurring issue it needs to be further investigated. Is there a bug report person we can tag in Community?

Hi Lea,

The process stefaniesanders​ outlined is also the best way to report a bug. Smiley Wink

Click on the Help link--ideally, you should do so directly from the Canvas Inbox page as your request will capture metadata that will help Support investigate the matter--and use the Report a Problem link to send a ticket to Canvas Support.

lse224
Community Member

As this hasn't happened to me, I doubt my metadata would be helpful, and members of our campus community have already reported it via Canvas help.

Thanks!

-Lea