cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele_merritt
Community Member

Messages with Attachments not working in Canvas

A student using Explorer 11 has an issue with attaching documents to message within Canvas.  Does anybody else know about this issue occurring?  The email can be written, the document attaches, the graphic shows submitting, but the message is never created/sent.

Thanks in advance for any insights you have to this issue.

Michele

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @michele_merritt ​...

If it is possible, can your student use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer?  In general, even though IE is listed as a supported browser here, Which browsers does Canvas support?, several people here in the Community recommend using Firefox or Chrome over IE just because IE doesn't always "play nice" with Canvas.  If you can have your student try either of these browsers to see if things work better, that would be great.  Please come back here to let us know...thanks!

@chofer ​, I know you're being polite, but I think you're being overly generous to IE with "doesn't always play nice". We actively discourage students from using it and whenever there are problems, especially submitting things, there's a good chance that they're using IE. When I write my user scripts, I don't even pretend that they work in IE.

Although these two threads I've linked to are about Edge, similar things happen with Internet Explorer: Any known issues between Microsoft Edge browser and Canvas?  and Detecting the Edge Browser . A quick search for Internet Explorer here in the Community came up with too many issues to list them all.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks James.  We also encourage our faculty and adjuncts to use Firefox and Chrome over IE/Edge...though I wasn't sure if students at Michele's school were "locked in" to using IE for one reason or another.  Smiley Happy

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @michele_merritt ! It's been over a month since we last heard from you. Did any of the responses posted above resolve your issue? And if not, were you able to find a solution? For now, I will mark this question as "Assumed Answered"; however, it will not prevent you or others from responding.  If there is a workable solution posted here, please mark that answer as "Correct." Thanks!