Messaging failing students

Jump to solution
lori_campbell
Community Participant

Is there a way to select all students whose grade is below a certain percentage to send them an inbox message?

3 Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately, no, the most you could do is message students who scored a certain grade on a specific assignment. There is a feature idea for this though - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1240-message-students-who-for-grade-totals?sr=search&searchId=... 

View solution in original post

michael_medeiro
Community Novice

A workaround I use is to create an assignment that is worth zero points. If you are passing the class you will not have a score in this column but if you are failing you will have a zero. It doesn't change any grades and I can quickly send a message to my failing students.

nwilson7
Community Champion

@lhandler (and everyone else) since this post was answered, Canvas has implemented a feature that addresses this.  If you click on "New Analytics" on the course homepage the first page is the course grade.  If you click the little envelope icon where you can type in names, it will bring up a window that allows you to message students from a determined score range.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.40.53 AM.png

-Nick