Microphone Access

Jump to solution
bsloss278
Community Novice

I'm trying to record audio on canvas but it says I need to allow access to my microphone and webcam. The option isn't popping up for me to give access. What do I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @bsloss278  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Well, that's frustrating! You may have said the magic phrase in your question, though:  "popping up."  Make sure that you are allowing pop-ups in your browser, as covered here: How do I allow pop-ups for Canvas in my browser?   

Also (personal opinion) you are probably going to have a less frustrating experience if you are using either Chrome or Firefox, since they do not rely on Flash which can be a bit ornery.  These options are covered here: How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student? (You did not say if you are a student or an instructor, but the same the caveat about using Chrome or Firefox applies.)

Hopefully these will help, Brooklyn.  If not, do a double-check that everything is updated on your browser, as covered here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720-which-browsers-does-canvas-support?sr=search&searchId...  

View solution in original post