Misplaced work in Gradebook

Jump to solution
barbvf98
Community Novice

My students took a test and when I was grading, I noticed student A's paper was in student K's grade book space. Therefore, student K can see student A's work and grade.  How to I fix this?

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @barbvf98  and welcome to the Community!  Was this a group assignment where the students happened to be in the same group?  I have never run into an instance where one student's grade or assignment appeared in the grade book cell of another student.  Perhaps someone here has run into something similar, but my initial suggestion would be to contact Canvas Support (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) and see if a Support agent could look into this a bit.  Support can access your class and look at data to help identify what may be happening in this situation, which we in the Community cannot.  Support may also know if a bug has been reported that could account for this issue.

I hope this helps, and if you do find out what happened please let us know in case it happens again to someone! 

View solution in original post