cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Missing Grades in the Grade Book

Last week put grades in the grade book.  Today, I look at the grades and most of them have the little dash.  They are just gone!  I have already returned the papers to the students.  The students are not in school ( it is Christmas break) . I have to have grades turned in and now don't have all the grades!  I am distraught!

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Carol,

I'm not sure if you have tried this or not, but have you gone into the gradebook history‌ option to see if you can see the grades that you entered for the assignments in there? (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13024 )

Highlighted

Thanks! I did go to the history. It did not prove to show the grades that are missing. It is so strange that some of the scores are missing, but not all.

Integrity Above All

Carol Russell

12th Grade English

Comp I and II

Highlighted

I can just hear the angry parents! I am just sick to my stomach. I returned all the papers before break!

Integrity Above All

Carol Russell

12th Grade English

Comp I and II

Highlighted
Lamplighter II

Hi crussell@abileneschools.org and Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Another option is to check the Beta or Test instance of your course and see if the grades are there and then re-enter them in your regular canvas.

The Beta Environment is reset every week (on Saturday), so right now it's showing last week's data.

How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor? 

The Test Environment is reset every month, the last reset was this past Saturday, the 21'st, so it's also showing last week's data right now.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13011-4152719755 

Hope you get to the bottom of the mystery,
Cheers - Shar

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Carol,

The community has already given some great suggestions, the only other thing I can think of if non of the previous suggestions work is to try to contact the Canvas Support team (via the help menu in Canvas).

They have access to a lot of things that we don't and may be able to see if there is anything in the back end (and hopefully help ascertain what went wrong in the first place, as I can only imagine what you are feeling right now).

I truly hope that helps and they can get you back on the right track!

Stuart

Labels