cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Missing figures when importing Cengage test banks

Jump to solution

I am trying to import test banks designed by Cengage into Canvas. The original zip file containing an enormous amount of folders with test banks for each sub-section of the book does not seem to be directly importable into Canvas so I had to extract all folders and compress each one of them into separate zip files. When I imported a couple of those zip files the test banks uploaded correctly except that all figures are missing. They do not show as broken, they are plainly missing from the Canvas question bank. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kona, thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, the problem seems to lie in the files provided by Cengage. I could not use the zip file provided nor zip the embedded folders and then import them to Canvas. I ended up having to use Cognero, the test generator provided by Cengage, to generate about 40 new test banks that I then imported to Canvas. It is maddening to see that Cengage is not willing to generate these files and provide them to all faculty adopting their books and avoid all the unnecessary repetition of the procedure.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

jsoares@udel.edu, I’m sorry your question has been sitting here unanswered for so long. Did you ever figure out a workaround or how to fix this problem? The only thing I can think of, and what we do, is to use Respondus to get the quiz questions and images into Canvas. 

Kona

Kona, thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, the problem seems to lie in the files provided by Cengage. I could not use the zip file provided nor zip the embedded folders and then import them to Canvas. I ended up having to use Cognero, the test generator provided by Cengage, to generate about 40 new test banks that I then imported to Canvas. It is maddening to see that Cengage is not willing to generate these files and provide them to all faculty adopting their books and avoid all the unnecessary repetition of the procedure.

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the update, but wow is that disappointing! 😞