Module not showing "complete" on student's end

Jump to solution
laurenpritch85
Community Member

I have requisites set for each module.  Students need to view each page of the module before it is complete.  I have a few students who are saying, even though they've gone through this week's module, it is not saying completed, viewed, nor is there a green check mark by the page titles.  I checked their progress on my end and it says each of the students (who complained of this issue) has completed the module.  It has been several days since they first brought the issue up, so loading or time do not seem to be the problem.  Also, none of the previous week's modules have been an issue.  How do we fix the incongruity?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

I find that this happens to my students when they use a browser that saves cached pages to speed-up page load times.  Even though canvas has marked the student complete, their browser has saved a copy of the page with the requirement to yet met and the next activity locked, and so that is all the student can see until their browser downloads an updated copy of the canvas website.  Students can clear their browser's cached pages and restart their browser to correct the problem.  They can also try logging in from a different device.

This is more commonly a problem for students that are using mobile devices, and so canvas recommends that those students use the canvas mobile app to limit the frequency that this is an issue.  I tell my students not to rely exclusively on a mobile device, and to log in from a computer any time they encounter a problem with accessing content.

View solution in original post