cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilana
Surveyor

Module requirement does not show due date

Jump to solution

I have setup discussions and assignments. They all have an available from and a due date.
I have then placed them into the module and published the items.
I have also setup the requirements.
The requirement eg view/submit is showing in the module, however the due date is not.

This is happening for the instructor and the student.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the follow up. Seems I was ok and there was just a canvas issue.

Here is the helpdesk ticket response I received:

Hello Ilana,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the grades not appearing for your module items. This was an issue that appeared earlier tonight, but our developers have rolled out a fix for the issue. I just checked the modules in your course and it shows the due dates along with the required actions. If you do not see the updates, please clear your cache and cookies to view the updated information. If they still are not visible to you after that, let us know so that we can assist you further.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ilana ...

Without seeing exactly what your course looks like, I tried to re-create something similar in my own sandbox course.  This is a view I am seeing using "Student View" (via your course "Settings" screen).  As you can see from my example (from my "Modules" screen), the bottom two graded assignments (one is an assignment, the other is a graded discussion) both show the number of points possible and the due date.

Requirements

Is this where you aren't seeing due dates?  If so, you might want to check with the Help Desk folks at Canvas to see if they would be able to troubleshoot with you.  You can contact them by following the steps outlined in this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12877-4152719652 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks for the reply!

Well this is interesting... i just went into another course to take a screenshot to show you how my modules with due dates normally looks and it seems this problem with no dates showing is now happening across ALL my courses!

Screenshot attached for how it currently looks. Yes it normally looks like the screenshot you have provided.

Ilana

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL -- This communication and any files transmitted with it, are intended solely for the named addressee(s) only and may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and are subject to copyright. No part can be reproduced without the consent of the copyright owner. If you receive this email and you are not the addressee, intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the email to the addressee), please do not read, use, distribute or copy this email. Please delete the email and notify the author immediately.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ilana ...

Could you please confirm something with me?  Go to your first graded discussion item, "MK1 Subject Overview - Activity #1", and then edit that item as if you were going to change some properties for the topic.  Go down to where the due date and the availability dates can be set.  Can you please confirm that you have a date in the "Due" field and nothing in the "Until" field?

assign

This is the only thing I can think (placing the date in the "Until" field instead of the "Due" field) that would maybe cause you not to see the due date listed on the "Modules" screen.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what else it might be, and a call to the Help Desk may be in order.

Correct.

I only use the available from and then due dates.

We don’t use the until dates.

Odd that all was fine until today and now all my courses are affected.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I think a call to the Instructure Help Desk is probably your best plan of action now,  @ilana .  Please give them a call when you have a few minutes, and then come back to this thread to provide an update as to what the outcome of the conversation was.  Thanks...and good luck!

Thanks for the follow up. Seems I was ok and there was just a canvas issue.

Here is the helpdesk ticket response I received:

Hello Ilana,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the grades not appearing for your module items. This was an issue that appeared earlier tonight, but our developers have rolled out a fix for the issue. I just checked the modules in your course and it shows the due dates along with the required actions. If you do not see the updates, please clear your cache and cookies to view the updated information. If they still are not visible to you after that, let us know so that we can assist you further.

View solution in original post