cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Modules: Creation & Management (Video) ?

Jump to solution

I was reviewing the Instructor videos that show the New UI and came across a question in the following:

522-Modules-CreationandManagementTranscript.pdf - Google Drive

There is a comment in the video & the transcript, where it is said, "... When you publish a module, it will automatically publish each of the individual content items within the module..."

Is that worded correctly?   That sounds to me like, all items, whether published individually or not, will be set to 'published.'  Shouldn't the comment be something like, "When you publish a module, it will automatically make each individual content item, that has been published, viewable within the module..."

If I'm interpreting that incorrectly, sorry;-)

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

bgibson@uncfsu.edu​, unfortunately that sentence is accurate. I just double-checked to make sure, but if you publish a module it automatically publishes EVERYTHING in that Module. This is regardless of whether you had the content in the Module published or unpublished before the Module was published.

I just found the feature idea for this - - that isn't getting much love, but I definitely voted on it (just now) and recommend that you do as well!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

bgibson@uncfsu.edu​, unfortunately that sentence is accurate. I just double-checked to make sure, but if you publish a module it automatically publishes EVERYTHING in that Module. This is regardless of whether you had the content in the Module published or unpublished before the Module was published.

I just found the feature idea for this - - that isn't getting much love, but I definitely voted on it (just now) and recommend that you do as well!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Oh, yeah, that's just not right.  Glad I asked, and I too voted for the option.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Member

In fact, if I had the tendency to publish items by mistake, I might even create a "mirror" module for each module that I intended to publish, and call it "ModuleName - Unpublished Items".  I would create all my items in the unpublished mirror modules, and then drag them up to the actual modules when I wanted them published.  Yes, more work, but I wouldn't be publishing items by mistake, nor having to scramble to unpublish a bunch of content that wasn't "ready for prime time" yet.

Labels