cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian_blair
Community Member

Modules from 1 year to the next

How can I move my modules and coursework from one year to another? Last year when the school district updated my calendar it deleted and removed my modules and uploaded work.

3 Replies
tross
Explorer II

If your institution cleans out your course somehow instead of creating a new one, I would export it and save a copy so you can import it when the new school year starts.  Our staff gets new courses each year and they import the material from their previous courses.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

@brian_blair ‌ -

Here are some great official Canvas Guides that can help you download a copy of your course and then upload your content to a future one.

If your new course(s) are available before your current one(s) are cleared, you could always copy content using the 

Course Import Tool as well.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@brian_blair ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie