Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martv
Surveyor

Modules locked for student even though prerequisites are complete

Jump to solution

Hi!

I've been trying everything, without result. Maybe somebody can help. 🙂

A student has completed modules 1-3, but the 4th module is locked. Even though every prerequisite is done.

We've tried logging in on the computer, using the app, I've unlocked Module 4 for every student, but it's still locked for this one student...

What could I do?

Thanks!

Mart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martv
Surveyor

Thank you both for quick replies! I was finally able to find a solution. It turns out that the 4th module had accidentally a checked box under "Students must move through requirements in sequential order". 🙂

Since other students didn't say anything, I didn't realize the problem was course-wide. 

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
llamm2
Surveyor II

Hello, Matt! I'm sorry this is happening for your student. A similar issue was reported at our institution last December, and we tried clearing the student's browser cache as well as making sure they were using a supported browser. If both of those actions do not result in him gaining access to the 4th module, it may be worth your while to contact Canvas Support and ask them to clear the student's cache on their side.

I hope you find your solution soon! Take care. -Lia

don_lourcey1
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey Matt,

Can you provide a screenshot of what the fourth module looks like?

And have you checked to make sure that the module is not set to unlock at a certain time?

Tags (1)
martv
Surveyor

Thank you both for quick replies! I was finally able to find a solution. It turns out that the 4th module had accidentally a checked box under "Students must move through requirements in sequential order". 🙂

Since other students didn't say anything, I didn't realize the problem was course-wide. 

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
don_lourcey1
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Yep, that will do it. Thanks for updating. I am glad that it is working now.

Don