cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekitayev
Community Member

Modules order change in Blueprint is not propagated into associated courses

Jump to solution

Due to issues described in another branch I get wrong Modules sequence in Blueprint course. For example: 

• Module 1
  • Module 5
  • Module 2
  • Module 7
  • Module 3
  • Module 4
  • Module 6

When I manually move modules to the correct places in Blueprint course this order is not propagated into associated courses during sync process.

Is there way to solve this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @ekitayev  - Unfortunately, modules are a bit of an issue with blueprint courses.  They can't be locked and, therefore, their order does not always stick.  I encourage you to vote "up" the following Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9548-blueprint-make-modules-lockable .  In fact, this online lesson specifically mentions several issues with modules at the very bottom of the page under the Object Management heading: How do I manage content for a course associated with a blueprint course? 

By the way, if you are using blueprints you will definitely be interested in viewing  @lindalee ‌'s presentation at Instructurecon18:   .  Also check the extensive list of resources in the Community that Linda listed as part of her presentation:  Lessons Learned from a Year with Blueprint Courses .

I hope this helps, Kate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @ekitayev  - Unfortunately, modules are a bit of an issue with blueprint courses.  They can't be locked and, therefore, their order does not always stick.  I encourage you to vote "up" the following Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9548-blueprint-make-modules-lockable .  In fact, this online lesson specifically mentions several issues with modules at the very bottom of the page under the Object Management heading: How do I manage content for a course associated with a blueprint course? 

By the way, if you are using blueprints you will definitely be interested in viewing  @lindalee ‌'s presentation at Instructurecon18:   .  Also check the extensive list of resources in the Community that Linda listed as part of her presentation:  Lessons Learned from a Year with Blueprint Courses .

I hope this helps, Kate!

View solution in original post