Modules shared via Commons not auto recognising

Kaia_A
Community Member

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted before, I have looked around and haven't found anything to match my question.

I work in an organisation that share modules across their various courses via Commons.

In most cases the units auto recognise that they are previously shared content and overwrite the older version within the courses.   

Lately, some units are not automatically recognising that they are updates to previous modules and I have to manually select the unit. That is no trouble for me however, the units have started appearing in the courses as a separate unit instead of overwriting the existing unit.  And by doing so they create duplicate pages, quizzes and assignments all with "-2" or ''-3'' or so forth. I have been manually deleting duplicates however it is starting to become a real hassle, and some students submit work into the duplicate module before I find out about and delete them.  

I have looked online but I cannot find any reference to this specific problem, as most people seem to use Commons fairly issue free.

Any insight or advice is much appreciated, thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes