cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachel_scott
Community Member

how do I create a module for teachers to use for PD videos?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rachelaurenscot  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I am suspecting a jargon issue - by "modules", I am assuming you mean a Canvas classroom or course. In Canvas, Modules" are an organization structure/tool/area within individual courses.  See the Modules Chapter of the Instructor Guide.

So, there are two ways (at least) to answer your question.............

• You have a Canvas shell for PD, and you just want to create modules to add content to, then this will help you get started How do I add a module? 
  • You need a Canvas shell in which to start building PD opportunities.  You would need to create a Canvas course (if permitted), or ask your Canvas Admin to create it for you. If your schools has given you the permission to create a course, you can learn how at How do I start a new course from the Dashboard as an instructor? 

It sounds like you are very new to Canvas, so you might want to review the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/canvas-guide/getting-started guide.

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rachelaurenscot  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I am suspecting a jargon issue - by "modules", I am assuming you mean a Canvas classroom or course. In Canvas, Modules" are an organization structure/tool/area within individual courses.  See the Modules Chapter of the Instructor Guide.

So, there are two ways (at least) to answer your question.............

• You have a Canvas shell for PD, and you just want to create modules to add content to, then this will help you get started How do I add a module? 
  • You need a Canvas shell in which to start building PD opportunities.  You would need to create a Canvas course (if permitted), or ask your Canvas Admin to create it for you. If your schools has given you the permission to create a course, you can learn how at How do I start a new course from the Dashboard as an instructor? 

It sounds like you are very new to Canvas, so you might want to review the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/canvas-guide/getting-started guide.

Kelley

View solution in original post