cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steven_chicurel
Surveyor

Monitor class recording use

I record all of my class meetings and save them to the Zoom cloud, then post the link and password so students can revisit (for review) or visit (if they've been absent).  Is there a way to monitor/see who actually accesses these recordings?  I imagine it might be under a report, but I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @steven_chicurel ...

Although this isn't specifically a Canvas question, I think I may have a partial or full solution for you.  I'm not sure if this will get you all the information that you are seeking, but it does appear that Zoom offers analytics on Zoom cloud recordings.  Here's what to do...

1. Sign in to your Zoom account at http://zoom.us
  2. Once signed in, on the left side of your screen under "PERSONAL", click on "Recordings".
  3. Under "Cloud Recordings", click on the name of your recording (under the "Topic" column).
  4. Click on the "Recording Analytics" link.
  5. Below the graph that appears, you'll see additional tabs such as "Summary", "By View", and "By Download".

I hope this will help a bit, Steven.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

natamused
Surveyor

We've run into the issue that it seems that every time a student downloads a zoom video through the canvas zoom LTI it shows as the prof having downloaded the video in the recording analytics, so we're trying to figure out why this is happening and how to prevent it. 

from the zoom corporate support folks: download metric tracks the number of downloads (started downloads) but cannot track if the download was completed as well as who downloads them. 

So it just shows as a download on the prof's account 

If she disables downloading or asks them to all view through the zoom interface instead of downloading she'll get better metrics