cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Moving Module Content

What is the best way to bring a module from one course to another course after the new course has started? I was asked to bring a module per week for an entire school year from 5 different courses into one main course. (Art, Music, Guidance, PE, and Library each have their own teacher) Do I hyperlink that module in some way or is there an easy way to just move the module over into the main course each week?  Probably an easy question but I want to know the easiest way to do this. Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @finek ...

You can use the Course Import Tool to copy only specific content (including an entire module) from course to course.  Check out this Guide: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?.  You'll want to be sure that you are logged into the course where you want the content to be copied into as you are following these directions.  I like to think of it as a "source" and "destination" course.  The "source" course has your content in it.  The "destination" course is where you want to copy/import the content into.

I hope this will help a bit.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

One caution, the namespace for Pages is flat - so you cannot have two pages with the same name. Adding pages with the same name will lead to a page with incremental numbers added to them "-1", "-2", etc. The Nth page will not automatically get added to the module, but you can explicitly add them to a module.

Labels