cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Moving Tiles in Dashboard

Jump to solution

In Dashboard View, how do you move Tiles (to change the order in which they're presented)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Navigator

tterrell@yccd.edu 

This functionality is not currently built into Canvas. However, they did add some API calls that would facilitate it back in the Fall 2016, so it may be coming.

The only solution that I know of in wide use is for a web browser (not mobile) and requires people to add some JavaScript to their pages. This can be done by the individual or it can be done by the institution, but it shouldn't be done by both.

That solution is provided in Sorting Dashboard Course Cards ‌

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Navigator

tterrell@yccd.edu 

This functionality is not currently built into Canvas. However, they did add some API calls that would facilitate it back in the Fall 2016, so it may be coming.

The only solution that I know of in wide use is for a web browser (not mobile) and requires people to add some JavaScript to their pages. This can be done by the individual or it can be done by the institution, but it shouldn't be done by both.

That solution is provided in Sorting Dashboard Course Cards ‌

View solution in original post

Thanks, James!

Toby

Toby Terrell, Ph.D.

Yuba College

Community Member

This did not work for me

patrick.cummins@bexleyschools.org, if you have specific questions or problems you can post them to the page with the directions on how to rearrange course cards. Otherwise, it looks like Canvas is working to get this in place for everyone - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3450-drag-courses-on-dashboard