Multiple Attempts on New Quizzes

Jump to solution
dheup
Community Participant

When creating a New Quiz, I select the option (under Submission Attempts) to allow multiple attempts.

Unfortunately, students aren't allowed to take the quiz more than once unless it is changed under the Settings tab when building the quiz. The option on the setup page doesn't do anything. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

I wasn't sure but have assumed what you described is what would happen.  Since New Quizzes are an integrated tool (LTI) that is actually separate from Canvas, it appears to use the same general Assignment settings when you create it.  I love this when it comes to points because you can now have the Points for the quiz be different than the sum of the points on the quiz.  But the multiple attempts you see on the Assignment settings page (which is actually kind of new) is not tied to the New Quiz since it has it's own settings for how many attempts people get.  I think it would be good for Canvas to remove the "allow multiple attempts" settings from that Assignment settings on New Quizzes, but I don't know if they easily can since it's the same page for all Assignments.  

Rick

View solution in original post