cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Multiple Children

Jump to solution

How do I follow both of my children? I had to register with one child's information. I cannot see where to add my other child.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sbe@sovereign.net‌ ~

As a teacher, I'm really happy to hear that you're going to use Canvas as a way to stay actively engaged in your students' education. Parent involvement is awesome, and Canvas makes it easier to stay informed and connected with the classroom. Smiley Happy

When linking your students to your account, are you doing so from the web, or are you doing so with the Canvas Parent app? Note that not all districts have enabled Canvas Parent. If you're not sure, contact your students' school or schools.

Anthony provided you with a guide that helps you get connected on the web:

How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? 

And here's how to get the Canvas Parent mobile app established once you create your observer credentials:

How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an observer? 

How do I add a student in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

How do I add a student in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? 

No matter how you connect to your students, you'll be able to follow their progress. When observing more than one student, it typically is easier to do so through the mobile app as the students' courses are separated. with the web, all active courses are listed together on the same dashboard. There is hope that this could change someday, however. (If you're interested in adding a parent perspective to this idea, it would be really valuable:https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8649-parents-toggle-view-between-children?sr=search&searchId=7...‌)

After taking a look at the guides, please reply! The Canvas Community would like to know how things went for you! Good luck with the upcoming school year.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Here's the walkthrough with screenshots: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10915 

Please post back if you have problems with that.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sbe@sovereign.net‌ ~

As a teacher, I'm really happy to hear that you're going to use Canvas as a way to stay actively engaged in your students' education. Parent involvement is awesome, and Canvas makes it easier to stay informed and connected with the classroom. Smiley Happy

When linking your students to your account, are you doing so from the web, or are you doing so with the Canvas Parent app? Note that not all districts have enabled Canvas Parent. If you're not sure, contact your students' school or schools.

Anthony provided you with a guide that helps you get connected on the web:

How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? 

And here's how to get the Canvas Parent mobile app established once you create your observer credentials:

How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an observer? 

How do I add a student in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

How do I add a student in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? 

No matter how you connect to your students, you'll be able to follow their progress. When observing more than one student, it typically is easier to do so through the mobile app as the students' courses are separated. with the web, all active courses are listed together on the same dashboard. There is hope that this could change someday, however. (If you're interested in adding a parent perspective to this idea, it would be really valuable:https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8649-parents-toggle-view-between-children?sr=search&searchId=7...‌)

After taking a look at the guides, please reply! The Canvas Community would like to know how things went for you! Good luck with the upcoming school year.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sbe@sovereign.net~ It's been about six weeks since you initially posted your question for the Canvas Community, and I wanted to take a few minutes to see how things are going for you! I hope the beginning of the school year is going well for you and your family. Please reply with an update if you can. We're looking forward to hearing from you, and if you have any further questions about the Observer role or Canvas Parent, please don't hesitate to ask. Smiley Happy