Multiple Quiz instances and auto-save

Jump to solution
mwu4
Community Member

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your help and please let me know if this is the wrong board or if the question has been posted elsewhere.

I have had an instance where a student has logged in and launched a quiz from two different devices. The issues is that both devices are still active(not sure if one instance is for reading question and other for completing quiz) , and this resulted in some empty answer prompts saving over completed responses. I have talked to support and this seems to be a rare instance, but possible. 

I know lockdown browsers exist and would be a solution, but is there a feature to disable multiple launches of quizzes, versions of saved answers , or a feature to disable a login from a second device, or a new login would result in logging you out of the other device? These are just ideas that came to mind to when searching for answer to issue above, if there is another solution, I would glad to hear it.

Thank you-Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @mwu4 

Beyond using a lockdown browser, and I highly recommend them, there are no built-in functions that could be used to prevent this from happening. If you would like to suggest that Canvas add this functionality, you could propose it in a new Idea Conversation in this community.

In a quick search I did find this Idea: Secure testing window option in quiz settings , which seems to be what you are asking for. Check it out and rate it.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes