cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Multiple Student Submissions to Same Group Assignment (dropbox?)

Hi,

I have a semester-long small group project, for which the small groups are to upload multiple (12+) submissions (includes files, url links, etc.).  I'd like for student groups to have the capability to submit their uploads as they complete them.  Therefore, the student groups' submissions will be at different times during the semester.  When I tried this as a "test student," I encountered this very clunky process of re-submission.  Really?

Please let me know if I'm missing something.  I really hope there's a much easier process in Canvas for students to submit their work.  Thanks, Michael Maguire - mcmaguire@wisc.edu - Faculty Associate, UW-Madison School of Human Ecology

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

I’m not sure what you mean by “clunky” resubmission process, could you explain A little more? My students resubmit work all the time and it isn’t a problem, so I’m curious as to what I might be missing. 

One issue I do run into, that you may or may not be aware of, is that students can only see the most recent submission to an assignment. They can’t see previous submissions. 

Community Coach
Community Coach

mcmaguire@wisc.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie