cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Multiple feed in Twitter

Jump to solution

We are looking to add a Twitter app to  course with multiple user follows and hashtags. I have coded this type of thing on personal websites, but not through the app. Can someone help us with the code modification to create multiple feeds?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Thanks awilliams‌ - it is fun being able to share this stuff! 

teri.herron@ashford.edu There are lots of different ways to use Twitter: hashtag search is a way to get items from multiple Twitter accounts, you can create a list where multiple accounts are combined, etc.

To make that work in Canvas, I recommend using the regular Twitter widgets, which you can then insert in a Canvas Page (any Canvas Page!) by putting the widget in a Canvas File, and then iframing that File in the Page. That sounds more complicated than it really is. I've written out instructions and shared examples here:

Twitter4Canvas (workshop/blog)

And you can see demos running in this open Canvas course space:

Twitter4Canvas (Canvas space)

I am a huge fan of Twitter for education, and am glad to help brainstorm and explore possibilities. If those materials don't provide answers for what you are trying to do, share more details here and I bet we can find a cool solution. It was people here at the Community who helped me figure out that Files-Pages trick; before that, I was using a more complicated solution... thanks to the Community brainstorming, we came up with a much more simple solution instead, and it works great! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Surveyor

laurakgibbs‌, you're my new favorite Feed/Twitter expert. Do you think you have a solution for this already written up?

Community Member

Thanks awilliams‌ - it is fun being able to share this stuff! 

teri.herron@ashford.edu There are lots of different ways to use Twitter: hashtag search is a way to get items from multiple Twitter accounts, you can create a list where multiple accounts are combined, etc.

To make that work in Canvas, I recommend using the regular Twitter widgets, which you can then insert in a Canvas Page (any Canvas Page!) by putting the widget in a Canvas File, and then iframing that File in the Page. That sounds more complicated than it really is. I've written out instructions and shared examples here:

Twitter4Canvas (workshop/blog)

And you can see demos running in this open Canvas course space:

Twitter4Canvas (Canvas space)

I am a huge fan of Twitter for education, and am glad to help brainstorm and explore possibilities. If those materials don't provide answers for what you are trying to do, share more details here and I bet we can find a cool solution. It was people here at the Community who helped me figure out that Files-Pages trick; before that, I was using a more complicated solution... thanks to the Community brainstorming, we came up with a much more simple solution instead, and it works great! 🙂

View solution in original post