My canvas isn't working on my mac. I can only access my modules but I cannot view texts shared with me under my modules. Please help I can't do any homework at home.

Jump to solution
lbailey8
Community Novice

My canvas isn't working on my mac. I can only access my modules but I cannot view texts shared with me under my modules. Please help I can't do any homework at home.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@lbailey8 ,

There are a lot of people having problems with Macs recently. In many cases, it appears to be outdated software -- either the operating system itself or the browser. Just today, I had a student complain about the equations in the quiz wouldn't show up on his mac in Safari and when I asked him to check, it turned out that he hadn't updated in quite a while. That's anecdotal, but it agrees with what others are saying.

A list of the minimum requirements, including which browsers are supported, are found in the Canvas Guides: Which browsers does Canvas support? 

You may think you're running the latest version of a browser because the app store doesn't offer an update, but that may not be the case. You may also think that the Canvas has everything to do with the browser and nothing to do with the operating system, but people running old operating systems don't get access to the latest browsers. For example, the latest version of Chrome requires OS 10.10 or later, so if you have 10.9 or earlier, then it won't offer you a newer version. You won't be able to update Chrome until you update the operating system.

I mentioned Chrome, but even if you're using Safari, the version that shipped with OS 10.9 was Safari 9.1, but Canvas only supports Safari 11 or later.

Here are some other threads in the Community that illustrate you're not the only person with the problem.

On the Windows side, Canvas has also dropped support for Internet Explorer, so some Windows users are experiencing issues as well.

Everything I've read suggests that upgrading the operating system and browser should correct the problem.

View solution in original post