cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpayne01
Surveyor

My discussion thread that I added to a Module yesterday . . . . gone today

Jump to solution

I add a discussion thread everyday to encourage students to participate in the online course.  I label these:

M1-Topic #1

M1-Topic #2, etc.

Yesterday I added a discussion thread from inside Module 4, like I do every day, no problem!  Today when I went to look, the thread is still listed in the discussion area, however, it is no longer listed in the Module 4 area between Topic 3 and 5 (it was topic 4).  It is marked as published, allow thread replies, not graded.  I tried to remove it and start over, and I can't get this thread to stay in the modules area for Module 4.

Any ideas?  Thursday morning poltergeist maybe?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @robert_payne .  I see that this question was posed a couple of days ago.  Have you figured out what is happening or still experiencing the issue?  I have never heard of a situation where one of our faculty members added a discussion to a module and it kept on disappearing.  The first thing I would try would be to log off, clear the internet cache, and log back in or try from a different web browser.  If neither of these worked and the problem persisted, I would suggest contacting Canvas Support to see if they knew of an existing bug.

I am hoping that your problem has been resolved in the last couple of days but if not please let us know.  If you found out what was going one, please also let me know as it could happen here as well!

Best wishes---

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @robert_payne .  I see that this question was posed a couple of days ago.  Have you figured out what is happening or still experiencing the issue?  I have never heard of a situation where one of our faculty members added a discussion to a module and it kept on disappearing.  The first thing I would try would be to log off, clear the internet cache, and log back in or try from a different web browser.  If neither of these worked and the problem persisted, I would suggest contacting Canvas Support to see if they knew of an existing bug.

I am hoping that your problem has been resolved in the last couple of days but if not please let us know.  If you found out what was going one, please also let me know as it could happen here as well!

Best wishes---

View solution in original post