cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lori_campbell
Surveyor II

My gif isn't giffing.

Jump to solution

I normally use gifs for my course view cards. However, 2 out of 6 of mine are moving on the course settings page but not in the actual card view. This is only annoying me. I am sure it's not a big deal to the students, but I like the animation on the dashboard because I am "that kind of teacher." Does anyone else have this issue? I haven't checked yet with a student to see if the gif moves for them.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks to everyone for participating in this conversation. If you've submitted a ticket to Canvas Support you will be notified on the progress toward a solution. In the meantime, you can follow Inst-FS gifs aren't animated on the dashboard for updates.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @816c37bca4eae28  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

I love your question, and particularly love the new verb you created there. 'Giffing', I'm going to challenge myself to use it this week.

As for making them gif merrily on your dashboard I've had it happen a couple of times when they won't. I just had to ditch the ungiffy one and try another until I got one that played nice. Not too sure what makes them ungif themselves sometimes. 

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

heather_chapman
Community Member

Hi  @816c37bca4eae28  - 

Giffing - Ha!!  I just came to the community because the same thing happened to me.  It is interesting that our issues happened on the same day.  Hoping for a solution... because it is one of my favorite parts of canvas (our institution is new to Canvas and I'm one of the few (cool) teachers with Gifs.  

~Heather 

arosen
Surveyor II

Hi @816c37bca4eae28 ‌

I opened a support ticket, regarding this issue.  I received the following response:

This is a known behavior from our end and our engineering is working on it.

Adam

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @arosen ‌ have you had this resolved? 

Nothing yet.

I'm new here and don't know how to follow a thread, so I'm hoping my comment helps me see what the solution to this is as well.  Thanks.

Welcome  @tbrecheisen  Thank You for joining in. 

Hi  @tbrecheisen  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Following content here in the Community is pretty simple.  Check out this Guide for more information: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14912-75187841167  I hope this helps, Thomas!

I submitted as support ticket as well and got the same response. For us it only appears to be happening with some of the newly created courses. Older courses are giffing just fine.