cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lori_campbell
Surveyor II

My gif isn't giffing.

Jump to solution

I normally use gifs for my course view cards. However, 2 out of 6 of mine are moving on the course settings page but not in the actual card view. This is only annoying me. I am sure it's not a big deal to the students, but I like the animation on the dashboard because I am "that kind of teacher." Does anyone else have this issue? I haven't checked yet with a student to see if the gif moves for them.

Tags (2)
27 Replies
sfowler
Surveyor

None of my animated gifs are working on my course cards either. I tried in multiple browsers, logged in as student and still motionless gifs. 

Stephen,

The course card images seem to gif when I look at the course cards on the Teacher App

ahh yes they do animate on my mobile Teacher app. Interesting. So I'm assuming/hoping a fix is around the corner for desktop. Thank you  @diana_benavides ‌!!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks to everyone for participating in this conversation. If you've submitted a ticket to Canvas Support you will be notified on the progress toward a solution. In the meantime, you can follow Inst-FS gifs aren't animated on the dashboard for updates.

View solution in original post

kmberg
Surveyor

Still not giffing for me on the dashboard.  It is in settings and it is on the mobile app.  We are near the end of February.  I hope it is resolved soon.

It started working a few months ago for me.

dbaer
Surveyor

March 9, 2020 and still no gifffing. Dangit... I really want to gif.

341135_sad_alpaca.jpg

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Update: Our engineers have developed a fix for this issue, and it will be implemented in production instances with the March 25 deploy as detailed in Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-03-25) . Gifs will soon be giffing once again. Thanks for your patience.