cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

My module won't duplicate. Does anyone know why I do not have a duplicate option for a module. All the other modules in my course have the duplicate option except for one.

Jump to solution

Does anyone know why I do not have a duplicate option for a module. All the other modules in my course have the duplicate option except for one. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Surveyor

Hello tbriscoe@pasco.k12.fl.us,

Does this module have a quiz in it?  Quizzes can not be duplicated, and modules that contain quizzes can not be duplicated either.

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Surveyor

Hello tbriscoe@pasco.k12.fl.us,

Does this module have a quiz in it?  Quizzes can not be duplicated, and modules that contain quizzes can not be duplicated either.

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Surveyor

Also,

Modules that use the external tool feature cannot be duplicated. 

CANVAS recommends removing the the external tool, so that you can duplicate the module.

But CANVAS also doesn't allow you to remove the external tool once students have submitted work via the external tool.

Since, like me, you probably used the external tool for students to use work, as this is the primary reason for the external tool in the first place, you probably won't be able to duplicate that module - or any module using the External Tool feature.

Best wishes trying to use CANVAS!